InputSSNLastFour proactively eliminates errors by restricting and formatting data to align with user expectations and business requirements.
- Restrictions – 4 numeric characters only; default width decreased to reflect anticipated value
- Mobile keyboard – Tel (numbers only)
- Label – always included, presents clear description of anticipated data
- Placeholder – (0000) shows that only the last 4 digits of SSN are anticipated
- Mask – (0000) gets replaced with user’s data as they type
- ‘Smart’ defaults – Never use
- Help message – provides additional info; don’t add guidance as placeholders
= 'Last 4 digits of SSN'
The default label associated with the input field. Should always be supplied to meet accessibility best practices.
Change handler required to access the four SSN digits being supplied to the input component.